Dun do thing that will make you regert

There are many times that I heard people's story about traveling, about living overseas, I always have the same expression, " Wow, so good. I also want." Everytime, people would talk about how fragile life is. People can be healthily talking to you today and left the next day. I don't want to be like that too. I still have many thing in life that I have not done yet. So, I'm not going to allow myself to feel regert anymore. I'm going to fight what I want and enjoy every single day. Do it first, decied later. If don't do that, I will not move ahead but keep walking on the spot.


Wednesday, December 14, 2016

As tour guide

I like to give my salute to all the tour guide.
To bring people around, keep people entertain while settling issue and fix problems of the tour.
I never know that the job of a tour guide is so tiring (both mentally and physically)

Last month, I was in Bangkok on my company trip as an organiser.
Before the trip, I had arranged the air ticket and the accommodation, making sure that all booking are fix and just wait to depart. I wasn't sure what to expect as it was my first time organising for a big group (for 24 people).

I was lucky as there was someone else to help me with the booking of the transportation and the local tour on the second day (including the meals for second day). Meals is also a painful issue as there are muslin in the group and understand that is quite difficult to find muslin restaurant as normally Thai mainly eat pork.

First day due to my Chinese colleagues need to do visa on arrival, the rest of 22 people has to wait 2 hrs for them to clear custom. While waiting, have to entertain them, figure out where is the transportation waiting for us.

Because was free and easy for the first day, I don't have to plan anything for them after helping them to do check in.

On the second day as there's a local guide to lead us to all our destination, thought will be as tiring as yesterday. However, I was still the in charge of the group therefore need to do headcount every time we head to a new location. It was happy that we were able to finish the whole trip by 8pm. Thought finally able to get some rest but kept wanting to vomiting, wasn't able to rest as much as I wanted. Think gotten food poisoning and the worse part is, I wasn't the only one. There were a few other people too like gotten food poisoning.

Because I'm already like that, the third day I wasn't able to do much. But luckily the third day was free and easy, we only need to make sure all of them get to the airport and board that plane back to Singapore.

Even though I had to go to work the next day, I wasn't able to get out of the bed (because of the food poisoning), Most of them was able to go to work on time, I really need to salute them too. If there is a next time, I don't want to do it again.
 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment