Dun do thing that will make you regert

There are many times that I heard people's story about traveling, about living overseas, I always have the same expression, " Wow, so good. I also want." Everytime, people would talk about how fragile life is. People can be healthily talking to you today and left the next day. I don't want to be like that too. I still have many thing in life that I have not done yet. So, I'm not going to allow myself to feel regert anymore. I'm going to fight what I want and enjoy every single day. Do it first, decied later. If don't do that, I will not move ahead but keep walking on the spot.


Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Korea life - day 102 (week 15) / (Seoul) Hong dae & Sinsadong - Cafe hopping

Korea life - 4 June 2014 (Day 102 week 15)

Assignments were getting more and more challenging every time we advance to the the next level. And this term's (level 2) assignment was to arrange an itinerary to introduce places (of Korea) and my team chose to do cafe hopping

Due to voting day, there was no lesson today so we heard to Hongdae to start. Before that, we did our homework and look for all the address and direction online first, so we were able to find the places easily. First stop was Hello Kitty Cafe !

<< Hello Kitty Cafe>>

Address - 358-112, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea 서울시 마포구 서교둥 358-112
Open hours - 10am to 11pm
How to go - Take subway to Hongdae station (subway line 2 (station 239)) ; Exit from exit 9 and follow the blue line as below

Map to go from Subway station to the cafe
Taken from - http://ajugglingmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Hello-Kitty-cafe-map-Hong-Dae.png

We were there pretty early so there was not many people. It's not a very big place, but is a 2 storey building. First floor has just a small low ceiling seating, a corner selling Hello Kitty merchandise and the counter, Second floor has more seating with a human kid size Kitty sitting in the middle. They have quite a few choices like cake and waffle, hot drink (like coffee and tea) and smoothies. Price are slightly on the high side, as I'm not really a Hello Kitty fan, this should be my first and my last time here. But I'm not going to denied that fact that it's a cute place.

Picture inside of the Hello Kitty cafe 

My teammate's were a mix of Japanese and Chinese, even though we were in level 2 of Korean language, we still have problem to make a conversation. Feel like ending this whole trip asap but there are a few places that we still needed to go. Not everyone eaten at the Hello Kitty cafe, so we went for early lunch at a restaurant that one of my classmate was working (like that also can end earlier). 

<<Cafe Source>>

Address - 343-10, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea 서울시 마포구 서교둥 343-10
Open hours - 12 pm to 12 am
How to go - Take subway to Hongdae station (subway line 2 (station 239)) ; Exit from exit 9. Find your way to Hongik University Main gate. At the three-junction road, you will see a Hana bank. Turn around on the left corner and you will see a Starbucks branch in distance away. Then turn left into the alley before reaching Starbucks, and you will be able to see the car

Cafe Source 
 After lunch, one of my teammate had to start her part time, so we went on without her as we don't have much more time to waste and to go with her. Next on the list was Cat Attic

<<Cat Attic (Cat cafe)>>

Address - 343-10, Donggyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea 서울시 마포구 동교동 164-14
Open hours - 1 pm to 10 pm
Cost - 7,000 - 10,000 for a cup of drink and you can spend there for as long as you like
How to go - Take subway to Hongdae station (subway line 2 (station 239)) ; Exit from exit 9. Walk down the street, take your first left and keep an eye out for the yellow signs on your right

Cat attic cafe - If you are a cat lover, this is the place for you 
We were asked to change our shoe before entering the place and disinfect your hand. In case of cats running out, there is a small gate that we need to push open to go in. We were asked to order a drink (as entrance fee and no need to worry if you can't read as it's written in Korean and English.) and to take note . Bags were asked to keep in the cabinet (that was under the seat, in case of the case cats bites it.) Spent a few hours there where you don't no need to think what to talk to each other and just play with the cats. It's really a good what to spend a afternoon  

After half day of cafe hopping, I went on to Sinsadong with Qi for another round of cafe hopping. We heard that there were many interesting cafe here in Sinsadong and is a must invite street if you are a coffee fan. (Our assignment did not choose to go there main reason was it's too far away from our school. [what kind of stupid reason, but they vote and chose not to go]). Walked down the street and just enter a cafe that match our eye. Sorry that till the end, I totally forgotten to take note of the name of this cafe. But I enjoyed myself, if I have the money, I don't mean doing this everyday. But the coffee price in Korea are too expensive for a poor student like me ...

nice cafe in Sinsadong 

No comments:

Post a Comment