Dun do thing that will make you regert

There are many times that I heard people's story about traveling, about living overseas, I always have the same expression, " Wow, so good. I also want." Everytime, people would talk about how fragile life is. People can be healthily talking to you today and left the next day. I don't want to be like that too. I still have many thing in life that I have not done yet. So, I'm not going to allow myself to feel regert anymore. I'm going to fight what I want and enjoy every single day. Do it first, decied later. If don't do that, I will not move ahead but keep walking on the spot.


Sunday, January 5, 2014

2013 Nov-Dec BKK;Thailand - Day 2

Day 2 - 1 Dec 2013/ Sun - Let have fun !

Because CT's exam is coming soon, she still has to go to school on Sunday, so I will be alone for the whole afternoon. Before heading out, CT helped to check where is safe to go to, I can't go to my favourite place Siam area (Planetarium mall , Siam square) as it will be close today. Therefore I decided to go to Chatuchak market (since it's a weekend market.) & Terminal 21

BKK - Chatuchak (weekend) Market 

Address -
Kampaengphet 3 Road, Khwaeng Lat Yao,
Khet Chatuchak, Bangkok, Thailand
How to goTake the Sky Train (BTS) - Get onto the Mo Chit northern bound train either by the main station, Siam. The Mo Chit station is the last station on the line. When you arrive at the station, get out and follow the signs for the market. The market is on the right hand side of the street, just behind the large Chatuchak Park. OR take the Underground Train (MRT) - Take the underground train (MRT) from any station on the northern line . Stay on the train and either get off at Chatuchak Park station or Kamphaeng Phet.
Website - http://www.chatuchak.org/

The weekend Market is one of the world's largest weekend markets covers area of 27 acres altogether divided into 27 sections, contains more than 15,000 booths selling goods from every part of Thailand . It is also very popular shopping centre to Thais and has become a popular place to tourists and foreigners. Almost everything can be found here at a bargaining local price and most vendors actually come from local factories, like antique wood carving and clay handicrafts. You name it, it have it.

There are 27 sections in together -
Section 1 = Amulets, books, collectibles, food shops and cafe
Section 2 - 4 = Collectibles, home decor, paintings and terra cotta
Section 5 - 6 = Clothes, adornments and miscellaneous products
Section 7 - 9 = Antiques, furniture, ceramics and handicrafts
Section 10 - 24 = Clothes, consumer products, adornments, household appliances and pets.
Section 17 - 19 = Ceramics, fresh and dry food
Section 22 - 26 = Antiques, Furniture and handicrafts
Section 27 = Books, collectibles, food and dessert shops

Chatuchak market 

Map of Chatuchak ; Taken from - http://www.chatuchak.org/map.html
The last time I was there, I nearly died from the heat, so this time I purpose to go there early in the morning and wear cooling dressing. Surprising that morning, it wasn't very hot (just that the sun can be little too bright) and I have a great time walking there. As I was alone, I didn't have to worry people getting lost (when you are in big group, need to take note who had been leave behind) and just see thing where my legs bring me to. Spent the whole morning there, just one morning I already buy so many things !! OMG, have to control myself ! or else later not enough to use. After that, headed to Terminal 21 for lunch

BKK - Terminal 21 

Open - 10am ~ 10pm 
How to goTake the Sky Train (BTS) to Asok station  OR take the Underground Train (MRT) to Sukhumvit station. Direct access via Skywalk and it will link straight to Terminal 21 

Terminal 21 is a delightful shopping and dining experience. It has particular appeal for the younger generation of shoppers, specifically university student to your executives. When compared to other luxury shopping malls along downtown Sukhumvit road, Terminal 21 definitely has its own edge and is definitely worth visiting. 

There are nine floors at Terminal 21 has more than 600 shops. The basement level (LG) has a Caribbean theme and is where you will find the gorment market, take away food outlets market-style food vendors as well as banks and bookstores. Take an escalator up one level and the ground floor (G) bring you to Rome, with all kinds of international and local fashion labels such as Kipling, Fox, CC:OO, Nike , Jaspal, Adidas , Levi's and more

Terminal 21 part 1

Level M is Paris, which will take you to the Champs-Elysees, where even more fashion await your discovery. The 1st  to 3rd floors are home to smaller shops by local independent labels. Women's fashion is found on the 1st floor (Tokyo) and Men's on the 2nd floor (London). The 3rd floor (Istanbul) is for gifts, jerellery, fashion accessories, toys, beauty products and home decor. This floor has a look and feel of a middle Eastern zouk but with a modern Twist.  

Terminal 21 part 2 












San Francisco on the 4 & 5th floor, where there are more than 50 restaurants and cafe.
I chose a Steak house for lunch as later will be having Thai food with CT.
Was slightly dry but is just half price of Singapore's steak house.

Lunch @ Jeffer @ Terminal 21  

Took my time, slowing eat my steak. I find this is one good thing about being alone, you could take your time to finish your food and don't need to listen to people pushing you to hurry up and food your food. After that, I started my window shopping (well, do buy some things too! hehe). I didn't dare to go to other areas as I have no WI FI , don't know if other areas are safe anot. Walked until tired le, I just find a place to sit down and have some dessert.



No comments:

Post a Comment