Dun do thing that will make you regert

There are many times that I heard people's story about traveling, about living overseas, I always have the same expression, " Wow, so good. I also want." Everytime, people would talk about how fragile life is. People can be healthily talking to you today and left the next day. I don't want to be like that too. I still have many thing in life that I have not done yet. So, I'm not going to allow myself to feel regert anymore. I'm going to fight what I want and enjoy every single day. Do it first, decied later. If don't do that, I will not move ahead but keep walking on the spot.


Monday, December 8, 2014

Korea Life - day 125 week 18 / (Chuncheon) day 1

Korea Life - 27 June (day 125 week 18)

Even though left with just 3 more days to school re-open, I wasn't intending to waste it. So Qi and I decided to head to Chuncheon to look for our Korean friend (ManYong & JiYeon).

The provincial capital city of Gangwon-do is nestled in the heart of the famous tourist city of Chuncheon. This city is tucked away in a basin with Uiamho Lake to the west, Chuncheonho lake and Soyangho Lake to the north, and Sinyeongang River to the south making this a city surrounded by water. The numerous lakes in the region cause many foggy days. Close proximity to Seoul makes this a popular daytrip destination. But this trip we weren't going to any of the lakes or rivers, Well, truth was I have no clue where the hell we will be going because this trip was fully planned by my Korean friends!!

We knew that the ride is going to take us more than an hours to reach our destination, therefore we left our place early. Took the subway from Hywhwe station to Dongdaemun station, change to subway line 1 to Sangbong station[(720) - line 7, J & G] and change subway line again to the [G line], and finally alighted at Namchuncheon station (P139).

When we arrived at the Sangbong station, the place was like Yongsan station as there were a lot of train tracks that we were so confused that we don't know where to take the normal subway!! So we just board a train that wrote that is headed to Chuncheon and found a comfortable place to stand. Was surprised that the train was as good as KTX.

Half way through the trip, a guy approach us and asking for us ticket, we were shocked (because subway has no ticket, we just need to tap our T-money card (same as ezlink card))! We think that it will be better if we don't speak Korean, so we used English and asked him back isn't this the subway? Turned out it wasn't subway at all, it was ITX*!! But the ticketing guy was nice, knowing that we made a mistake, never collect money from us but asked us to alight at the next stop.

* ITX is a high-speed train that travels along the Gyeongchun line from Yongsan Station to (in Seoul) to Chuncheon Station (in Gangwon-do Province) [Same as KTX but just that it runs shorter route]. Compare to the normal subway, it only take half the time to reach Chuncheon, therefore the price of the ticket is much more expensive. For more information read here - http://www.visitseoul.net/en/article/article.do?_method=view&m=0004007002011&p=07&art_id=53225&lang=en 

We alighted as the ticketing guy told us, and we waited for the next train that came into the station, which looked more like a subway train. If we had taken the normal subway from the beginning, the whole trip will take us 1.5 hrs but because we took ITX (by mistake) it took us half the time only to reach our destination.


Our friends was already waiting for us at the subway station and we drove away to have early dinner.

They drove us to place which is quite desert, they mainly served cold mixed noodle. Not only that, they ordered potatoes pancake and a dishes that I don't know what the hell it was.
Left top - the dishes that I don't know what the hell it is
Left bottom - potato pancake
Right - mix noodle
Bottom - Restaurant 
Like I mentioned because the restaurant is located at quite a desert place, there were plantation just next to the restaurant !! For someone who grow up in city of Singapore, all these are interesting things we want to see more. So after we finished out meal, we were to into one of the small corn farm and took lot of pictures.

Next stop was to have a drink at a resort as they have very nice night view. We were there pretty early (before the night fall) so was also able to see the nice view of Chuncheon first. While waiting for night fall, I tried to use the Korean that I had learned here in Korea, however it was still too difficult for me to strike a conversation with them, since I had studied for 4 months only!

They drove us to Emart said that they need to get something before going back. Bought some coffee can, drinks and snack. I just wanted to fast go back and rest, feel so tired after taking the subway for so long. Beginning, I thought that we will be sleeping in ManYong's house with ManYong & JiYeon (all 4 of us). But because the room turned out to be too small, so JiYeon decided to go back home to sleep while ManYong going to his friend's hse (who is living nearby)

They left the snacks and drink that they bought at Emart before leaving. They went Emart to buy for us, afraid that there is nothing for us to eat in their house. I was  so tired that I just change to my sleep wear and went to sleep  

No comments:

Post a Comment