Dun do thing that will make you regert

There are many times that I heard people's story about traveling, about living overseas, I always have the same expression, " Wow, so good. I also want." Everytime, people would talk about how fragile life is. People can be healthily talking to you today and left the next day. I don't want to be like that too. I still have many thing in life that I have not done yet. So, I'm not going to allow myself to feel regert anymore. I'm going to fight what I want and enjoy every single day. Do it first, decied later. If don't do that, I will not move ahead but keep walking on the spot.


Sunday, May 11, 2014

Korea life - day 39 ( week6) / making account with woori bank

Korea Life - 2 April 2014 (day 39 ; week 6)

A week before coming to Korea, I thought of not opening an account in Korea, and just take money out from our Singapore account. But after one month in Korea, it seem like it is not possible. And most important reason lead me to this decision was that Sungkyunkwan University only accept fund transfer!
(Fund transfer from Singapore to Korea Woori bank has too much bank charges that I don't think worth paying)

So headed to the Woori bank branch located next to the main gate of SKKU after school, thinking that the staff should be able to understand English since there are so many international student in SKKU.  Turn out that the staff can understand English but can't speak (is just like I can understand Korean but can't speak.)

I just told the staff I want to open an account and they went to get the document ready. Because they know that we can't understand so they just ask us to fill in some personal information (in English) and sign a few document. And the staff introduce me to get this card (just a check card, not credit card) International student can do this card only. Actually I still thought of not doing this card as its a dangerous card. Why is it a dangerous card ? The card act like debit card but it don't need pin number, don't need signature.

For someone as careless as me, it really make think if it is all right for me to get this card. But in the end I still decided to make the card as it would be difficult for me to find a ATM every time we are outside. I had been given a few more document to sign before its finally done.  Everything take around 10 min only.

Woori bank book; so nice but inside all korean words only 
Woori bank check card 

No comments:

Post a Comment