Dun do thing that will make you regert

There are many times that I heard people's story about traveling, about living overseas, I always have the same expression, " Wow, so good. I also want." Everytime, people would talk about how fragile life is. People can be healthily talking to you today and left the next day. I don't want to be like that too. I still have many thing in life that I have not done yet. So, I'm not going to allow myself to feel regert anymore. I'm going to fight what I want and enjoy every single day. Do it first, decied later. If don't do that, I will not move ahead but keep walking on the spot.


Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Korea Life - day 246 (week 36) / (Korea) one day Jeonju trip

Korea life - 26 Oct 2015 (day 246 week36)

Since there is no need for me to go to school these days, so there are much more time for me to explore around. So our first stop will be to Jeonju as this few days there is a bibimbap festival held in Jeonju. At first we planned for a 3 day 2 night trip, go to Jeonju for the bibimbap festival and to Mount Jiri to see maple leaves. However before I went for the trip, one of my friend told me that the immigration told her that she has 7 days to leave Korea because she quit studying. If that's really the case, then I would need to leave korea. This really worry me as I haven't decided if I want to go home straight or to find a job here in Korea. The best way will be that I go down to the immigration office myself to ask instead of wondering and guessing.

Bus terminal and rest point
We took the subway to the Gangnam bus terminal, bought the bus ticket that departs at 8.50am. We arrived at the bus terminal slightly earlier as plans so we had some light breakfast first then board the bus. The bus ride is around 4 hours long, I was totally slept dead in the bus. Only woke up for a while for the rest stop and then went back to sleep again. When I wasn't sleeping, my mind kept thinking about what my classmate told me this morning that I might need to go home soon as one of her friend was ask to leave Korea within 7 days after graduation from language school. I'm so afraid that my mind was only paying attention to this, even when Qi was talking to me, I also took some time to reply her. Although I tried not to affect the mood of this trip too much but too bad I failed as the Qi's friend find me very hard to talk too.

When we arrived at Jeonju, we took the taxi from the bus terminal to the Hanok village (which where the bibimbap festival is held) since there is 3 of us and the bus fee for 3 is almost the same as one taxi fee. When we first arrived at the street, lot of things had caught our attention, but because we were carrying a lot of things with us, we thought of find where we will be staying for the night, put our things down then slowly explore the place. We didn't book in advance as we believe it should be easy to book even through there is a festival going on and lot of people were visiting this festival too. After walking around the street, we found a place that is charging 20,000 KRW for a room which is super cheap since it come will private bathroom and everything. And I decided that I won't be staying and will be heading back to Seoul tonight to head to the immigration office tomorrow morning to check it out. But I still leave my thing with in their room first and enjoy this festival first, start worry things afterward !!

We met with a couple friend first then went off together to explore the whole street which were covers with full of stores selling interesting bibimbap food. The most interesting food that we saw should be below this - Bibim waffle. Instead of using flour mixture, the use bibimbap to make the waffle and pack with vegetable and cheese. We also tried our other snack when we were walking that street.
bibimbap waffle 
Since the festival is just located next to the Hanok village, is odd if we never visit. They still have some beautiful autumn colour trees and old buildings that looks every similar the building we have in our school but give people different kind of feeling. I quite enjoy this walk as it's very different from the old building we have in our school. And with the beautiful trees colours, we spent alot of time taking lots of pictures.
hanok village

We spent quite some time taking picture, so we need to rush to eat dinner earlier as the couple friend and I would have to take the evening bus back to Seoul (the couple friend has class on Monday morning and cannot miss class). So we went to this popular shop which lot of local introduce in the internet. Surprising there wasn't any queue but there were alot of people eating inside. We ordered a raw beef bibimbap and a rice cake soup as we have been told raw beef bibimbap is a MUST tried dish when we are in Jeonju. However we were quite disappointed with the taste of the raw beef bibimbap, we found the rice cake soup taste even better than the rice !! Maybe we expect too much from the rice, so we enjoy the rice cake soup more !!  
popular store which famous for its raw beef bibimbap 
Took the 6 plus express bus back to Seoul, seeing there were still some time before the bus depart, went to buy some snack to eat on the bus first then board the bus. Wasn't able to fall asleep (maybe because just now slept too much), so watch movie on my pad which the other sleeping away. 






No comments:

Post a Comment