Dun do thing that will make you regert

There are many times that I heard people's story about traveling, about living overseas, I always have the same expression, " Wow, so good. I also want." Everytime, people would talk about how fragile life is. People can be healthily talking to you today and left the next day. I don't want to be like that too. I still have many thing in life that I have not done yet. So, I'm not going to allow myself to feel regert anymore. I'm going to fight what I want and enjoy every single day. Do it first, decied later. If don't do that, I will not move ahead but keep walking on the spot.


Saturday, March 1, 2014

Korea Life - Day 2 (Week 1) / (Seoul) Dongdaemun's 김밥천극

24 Feb 2014 is my second day in Korea and is also my worst nightmare

Took the free shuttle bus from hotel back to the airport. We had problem to even carry our luggages up the bus, luckily there are nice uncles that willing to help us with our baggages. Found a place to sit down and eat some thing and settle the SIM card that we didn't get it settle last night. After settle with all, we took the airport limousine to Dongdaemun (동대문). To look for our livingtel* that I will be leaving for the coming year.

* [Livingtel 리빙텔 (aka Goshiwon) -
Essentially, goshiwons are for student preparing for exams temporary accommodations where they could focus exclusively on studying with not distractions from home life. While a lot of goshiwons are mainly for students from outside of Seoul and people working, it reflects its original purpose - rooms are very tiny and contain basic essentials only - a mini-fridge, small television, WI-FI, wardrobe and a bed. Price depend on which room kind of room that you choose, you can choose either room with shower stall and sink or with neither (use shared toilet) and window facing inward (facing corridor) or outward (facing outside) affects the prices too. Kitchen and washing machines are shared in the common area. You can read more here - http://danainsoko.wordpress.com/tag/livingtel/ ]

the steep slopes that I need to go up !!

I had to move 40kg of luggage around whole Dongdaemun, and we still can't find the place at all! When we gave up and want to take the cab, in the end it drive 200m ahead only and we had reached the  place  that we will be living (-_- III ; LOL)!! When I thought our miserable problem is over, a super steep slopes appeared in front of me that I need to go up before reaching the livingtel !!!! I had so many thing holding in my hand that I wasn't able to pull up my 40kg luggages up the slope myself , I had to  stop there and get PQ to help me or else my luggages will all roll down the slope in front of me!!  

[Although this is not my first time in to Korea, but only now then I noticed that THERE ARE SO MANY SLOPES AND THERE ARE NOT MUCH OF  SMOOTH SURFACE GROUND EVERYWHERE (there are alway holes and area poping up) , so different to walk around with luggages (with wheels). ]

Finally got all the thing up the slopes,  and the nightmare not over yet !! We still had to carry the things up to second floor !! ( as the livingtel is located on the second floor. ( OMG !! feel like crying, I just want to settle down !!! ))

Where I'm going to stay but I don't suggest people to stay here !! (I still have to protect it as they are nice ppl)

We were brought to the third floor, the guy opened the door of the room that we will be living, places our thing in there and follow him back to second floor. He asked us to sat down for a while while he read the email on us, then he explain some of the thing area the place to us and left us to explore our room. And OMG, the place looked totally different from the picture we saw on the website!! PQ & I was shocked until don't know what to said.

The room itself is super TINY and it smell (both the room and the toilet). I had to clean all the thing before daring to put my thing down on the table and floor. The toilet has so many dirty and black spot in the corner that I feel my hair stand everytime I look at it. I'm still consist lucky as PQ's room was much worse than mine !! And the kitchen is the worse, the place seem dark and it make it look dirty, I don't feel like cooking in this kitchen at all. Washing machines is in a cupboard and OMG it smell inside, I don't know how to throw my clothes in there to wash. OMG, this is really my worst nightmare !!!!

We took the whole later afternoon to get our thing in place, but we will have to eat. So we just left the thing and went out for dinner. We headed to Dongdaemun and chose to eat at <김밥천극 >. Heard from PQ, this is a popular place for kimbap and ramen, but we didn't choose to eat ramen as we were hungry after all the moving and clearing that we had done this whole evening. So I still can't read Korean, PQ had to translate to me then I can decide what to eat, but I'm not a picky eater, so I leave it to her to order for me.
First Dinner in Korea 
After all the food, we had to walk around to digest the food abit before heading back. Went in to look for shoes as PQ don't has boots for these kind of weather. But didn't found anything of her liking, so we headed back to our home and continue with what we left off. Tomorrow going and get things for the room to make it really feels like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment