Dun do thing that will make you regert

There are many times that I heard people's story about traveling, about living overseas, I always have the same expression, " Wow, so good. I also want." Everytime, people would talk about how fragile life is. People can be healthily talking to you today and left the next day. I don't want to be like that too. I still have many thing in life that I have not done yet. So, I'm not going to allow myself to feel regert anymore. I'm going to fight what I want and enjoy every single day. Do it first, decied later. If don't do that, I will not move ahead but keep walking on the spot.


Saturday, March 1, 2014

Korea Life - Day 3 (Week 1 ) / (Seoul) Alien Registration Card ; Daiso

Korea life - 25 Feb (day 3 - week 1 )

After my first night in my tiny little room, felt so depressed. The room is too small that I don't like staying in, so this morning, we left the room early in the morning.

We decided to go and do the alien registration card* but I forgot my document that I had to go up that slopes again to get my thing (-_-!! ). While I was fighting with the slope, PQ study the immigration website again. And it seem like we should report to school (did I mentioned that I'll be studying at Sungkyunkwan University ? ) first as immigration office will keep our passport while they get the ARC card ready. So change of plan, we head to school instead

* [ Alien Registration Card is our national identification card that proves that we are legally allowed to live in Korea. We have to apply within 90 days of entry (we will get kick out if we don't apply it) - you can read more if you are interested - http://www.eslsouthkorea.net/alien-registration-card.html ]

There was a direct bus from the bus stop just outside my livingtel to the school. When we reach the bus the school's bus stop, there were alot of people sending flowers and people walking toward one direction. Is always easier to follow the crowd rather than going the other way, so we follow them and they were really heading toward Sungkyunkwan university. Then we noticed there were so many people is because there were graduation going on.

[OMG, there is so many people and the biggest horror was that the school is located on top of the SLOPE (OMG, SLOPE again !! -_-!!)]

But because there were alot of people walking around, we don't feel odd walking around the campus. The email that school sent to us didn't wrote where should we report to, so we walked around and looking for the admission office. After an hours of finding, we finally found the correct place to report to. In the end, we just had to let them photocopy the passport and tell them where are we staying and we are free to go !! LOL , spent so much time looking for the office to report, in the end everything is done within 5 min.

Since we are done but there were too many people, we decided to leave school and go to Daiso* to buy thing for the room. The branch located near Sungkyunkwan university have 3 level, it took us at least 2 hours to finish walking all and get our things. Luckily there is a straight bus from the bus stop nearby to our house. Then we headed to Namdaemun to buy blanket and pillow (weather still quite cold, no blanket cannot !!).

* [Daiso is a daily household items including beauty care products, stationery, laundry items, food, utensils and even cleaning supplies. Most of the places has more than 2 levels, and it offers diverse daily use items at great prices (very cheap price that students can afford). you can find out more at -  http://wwe didn't want to go to far away from home (we went back straight home after we finish shopping at Daiso) so we just had dinner at a eatery nearby our places.

My bed with my new blanket and pillow


Maybe because of the culture, the blanket selling here are so expensive !! The cheapest that we can find at least cost W$50,000 (about S$60) and the pillow itself also cost about W$20,000 (about S$30).  But the owner is a good people, know that we are student gave us discount. In the end, we paid W$45,000 only for the blanket

By the time we finish buying our thing and took the subway back home, it's almost dinner time. So we went out to a eatery nearby our place for dinner as we want to be able to reach home earlier later as we still have alot of thing await for us to arrange into our small place (thing that we bought today).


No comments:

Post a Comment